Winter months are finally ending, and one of our favorite seasons is right around the corner! Birds will be chirping, the sky will be blue, and Cardinals Baseball will be in full swing! If you’ve been cooped up all winter long, chances are you’re ready to venture out and explore the city again. Whether you’re planning an afternoon out for the family or looking for something more intimate to enjoy, there are plenty of things to do in St. Louis this spring!
Here is our list of 10 fun activities you can do with your friends and family this spring:
1. Visit the breathtaking Missouri Botanical Garden – Spring is the absolute perfect time for this. Many new plant varieties are beginning to burst from the soil, and there’s always something extraordinary to learn about in an exhibit or special offering.
2. Take a family trip to the St. Louis Zoo – You can even have breakfast with the Easter Bunny this spring! Click here for more details. The St. Louis Zoo is one of the top free zoos in the world! Filled with a variety of activities for everyone, stretch your legs and visit every corner of one of our city’s favorite attractions.
3. Have a picnic in Forest Park – Pack your favorite sandwich and favorite Billy Goat Chips for a wonderful family day. Grab a tote and fill it with fun activities for the family, including books, music, and a board game! Don’t forget the Frisbee!
4. Embrace your inner child at the City Museum! The City Museum is full of twists, turns, and exciting adventures for everyone. On a beautiful day, take your family outdoors at the museum and enjoy their slides and special spaces! On the right night evening, take in a marshmallow roast around a campfire!
5. Visit the Gateway Arch – Spring scenery is so beautiful when you’re at the top of your favorite city! Take a tour of the Arch and learn more about the rich history of the Gateway to the West!
6. Go crazy at Six Flags St. Louis with your best friends! Opening weekend is April 3rd-5th, and a great way to get out and enjoy some fresh air and fun just outside of the city. Pack a snack or picnic lunch, or make plans to enjoy a meal out at one of their awesome offerings.
7. Spend the day at the Soulard Farmers Market – Pick up some perfect fresh food for dinner and a few local favorites you won’t find anywhere else.
8. Catch a game at Busch Stadium! Root on the best team in baseball. (Okay, we may be a little biased, but we’re part of Cardinal’s Nation!) There’s nothing better than Opening Day…except maybe the World Series.
9. Go on a tour at the St. Louis World Aquarium – Perfect for those chilly spring days. Enjoy a quiet afternoon to yourself or plan an outing for the entire family.
10. Take a Saturday or Sunday trip to Grant’s Farm! A great way to get the family out and about and general admission is free! Feed a few animals, enjoy a delicious lunch out, and walk the acreage!
There are so many ways to enjoy St. Louis in the spring! Which is your favorite? For more fun ideas, delicious recipes, and Billy Goat Chip happenings be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest